Do you want to transfer your Quicken data from one computer to another?
If yes, then never take a chance and preserve your data with Quicken Online backup, a simple method to secure your personal financial information such as passwords, reports, and account details. With online backup, you can open your valuable files or documents in any computer or device with internet access.
How to recognize a Quicken backup file? Well, it’s easy to differentiate; the backup files carry an extension name- .QDF-Backup and Quicken data file with extension name- .QDF. To find a backup file on your computer, you can search for these extensions and open them.
Although creating Quicken Online backup is secure, an unprecedented error can sometimes create trouble during the process. You can talk to the Quicken support team for instant assistance on backup, installation, or other tips on optimizing Quicken to the fullest.
Quicken software allows users to maximize their productivity while taking care of their financial aspects. We know the data saved in Quicken files is valuable, which you can not afford to lose, and after reading this blog, you will get to know the easy steps to back up your files online.
Why Quicken Online Backup?
· Financial data safety and security.
· Switching your computer won’t be a headache, because you can easily import data to a new one.
· On line backup is a time-saver; also, it takes a few minutes to complete the process.
· This feature gives you the liberty to sync your data with smartphones, tablets or computers.
How to create Quicken Online Backup?
Dropbox is the most reliable method to create an online backup of Quicken files and other personal information. The data are stored in a folder in your computer, and backup is in the online cloud storage. Additional features include saving the pictures, invoices, videos, or documents.
Dropbox offers free storage of 2GB while an additional 5GB comes with Quicken subscription.
Total Dropbox storage is 2GB + 5GB = 7GB.
Steps for Quicken Files Backup in Dropbox
The first step should be to create an account in Dropbox.
1. You can visit the website www.dropbox.com/register.
2. Now fill in the required information, and set up a unique ID and password.
3. Further, you can install the Dropbox application to your computer.
4. Immediately after installing the app, you will receive a Dropbox folder on your computer.
5. Now you can modify any file in the Dropbox folder, and it will be backed up automatically.
Process of manual Backup of Quicken files in Dropbox.
1. Create a Quicken backup file in a Dropbox.
2. Open the Quicken software and click the File tab.
3. Now click Backup & Restore and then open the Backup Quicken file.
4. To proceed further, you need to go to the Quicken backup window.
5. Now ✔mark the add date to the backup file name.
6. Further, you need to choose Backup on my computer or hardware.
7. Now you need to click Change in front of your backup file name.
8. Now click Browse folder and locate the Quicken backup file in the Dropbox folder.
9. After that, click Quicken backup file and hit save.
10. Finally, click Backup Now and finish the process.
Next time to manually save the backup files, you won’t have to follow a long process. Instead, you can then back up the data in a few clicks.
1. Open Quicken and go to files.
2. Now hit Backup and Restore.
3. The last step is to click Backup Quicken file > backup now.
Quicken.com provides the users with benefits to manage their funds, schedule bill payment, accounting feature, and many other services. However, backing up your valuable data is also as important as working on it. With Quicken backup Online, you can preserve your files and documents into the Dropbox either automatically or manually. However, errors can occur at any time, which can be resolved by taking an expert’s help and speaking to our Quicken support.